Sunday, November 30, 2008

Readings that I liked and disliked

I liked reading short stories the most because I was able to read them a couple of times to fully understand them. I liked "The Man From Mars," "The Rudy Elemenhurst Story," and "Pet Milk," because they were really easy to understand and I could picture it well in my head. I liked the comic book, "The Watchmen," because it was my first comic I've fully read. It was a great comic book with lots of symbols, which I enjoyed discussing in class. I Liked the Tupac poems because I have been listening to Tupac forever. I have never read his poems though, and I thought it was good because now I understand what the lyrics in his songs actually mean. I didn't enjoy reading some of the poems because they were hard to follow, but I always have trouble anaylzing poetry. I thought the overall selection of readings were good, and I wouldn't change them.

1 comment:

David Romness said...

I agree, reading Tupac was really interesting because the similarities between his poems and his song lyrics is unreal. He even uses the numbers 4 and 2 to mean "for" and "to" just like in the songs.